Be more than pink
Race for the Cure®
2017 Komen CENLA Race for the CureŽ
Our goal is
Pink out Downtown Alexandria at the 8th Annual Race for the Cure and Family Fun Day!
Alexandria, Louisiana, (4-24-2017) Susan G. Komen® Acadiana will kick off Race registration and is gearing up for its 8th Annual Susan G. Komen Acadiana Race for the Cure® CENLA. This year, Komen Acadiana will be “Pinking out Downtown Alexandria.” On October 7, 2017, Downtown Alexandria will welcome a wave of pink runners, all joining together to raise funds for local community grants and lifesaving research to one day bring an end to breast cancer, forever.
Race for the Cure® CENLA is one of Komen Acadiana’s largest annual fundraisers. Seventy Five Percent (75%) of the net proceeds raised through this event helps fund local community grants in and around Acadiana for breast cancer education, screening, patient navigation, treatment and support services. The remaining twenty-five percent (25%) goes to a National Research Foundation, and funds lifesaving research to find cures for breast cancer.
This year, Race Day Registration and the Event Expo will open at 6:30am, and will include a Survivor Celebration, Team Tailgate, Kids Korner, and much more. The Races will kickoff at 8:30 am, with the 5k Fun run/ walk starting at 8:30am, and the one mile fun run/walk to follow. Post-Race, there will be an award ceremony.
Runners and walkers, alike, can sign up to participate in the Race for the Cure® by joining an existing team, forming a new team, or through an individual registration. Registrants are encouraged to fundraise and donate in addition to their race registration and will receive rewards and access to the VIP Tent, as more fully explained on our race registration form and website. Participants who are unable to physically attend the Race are welcome to fundraise and participate through our Virtual Runner option.
Racers can save on their race registration from May 7-16th when they register with the promotional discount code Mom17 when registering at www.komenacadiana.org.
Q. How can I register?
You can now register offline by downloading this form and bringing it to Packet Pick Up. Packet Pickup will be held on October 5th and 6th from 8:00 am 6:00 pm at the office of our 2017 Cenla Race for the Cure Presenting Sponsor, Cleco Corporation, located at 2056 John H. King Service Rd, Pineville, LA 71360.
Q. How much is the registration fee?
$30 Adult 1 mile or 5K
$15 Children 12 & under
Susan G. Komen Acadiana services 19 parishes in Louisiana. Since 1999, Komen Acadiana has awarded over $3.4 million to local organizations for innovative breast health and breast cancer services not found elsewhere serving the uninsured and under insured for screening, education and treatment in CENLA and Acadiana. Additionally, Komen Acadiana has funded over $1 million in lifesaving research for cures for breast cancer.
For more information about 2017 Acadiana Race for the Cure, including sponsorship or mission information, please contact the CENLA Area Director, Styphanie Duplissey, at 337.993.5745 or firstname.lastname@example.org.